Translate

Thursday 4 June 2015

dear bruce, sorry caitlyn Jenner

I know a girl. A young girl of 15. She's got feet size 42 for boys and has shoulders a tad too wide. She's got the carriage of a boy and is taller than most girl I know. She is thick set, with a rather strong jawline that looks like a boy's. More than thrice, people have mistaken her for a boy in my presence even when she's got "girly" clothes on. Her nature doesn't help much, she's doesn't make any intentional efforts to look feminine. She is stronger than most girls her age and parents of boys her age sometimes complain that she has beaten up their sons. Once, while contemplating the transgender idea, I asked her if she ever viewed herself as a boy, with a vagina and would like to correct that error? She smiled slowly and said she doesn't think so. "I'm a girl alright, I guess nature was gonna make me a boy and then at the last minute realised how big a mistake that would be. I am what I am, I won't wish to be what I'm not"

Honestly,
She drew me to tears with those words.
Now, I know people are different. I know sometimes things happen and we wish they didn't, or that we were someone else. But how far should we go to make these things happen? At what age and what cost to ourselves and our loved ones?
Bruce jenner, sorry Catilyn Jenner, you have taken a bold step. And well, I must salute you for it. But really, I need you to ask your self
"at what cost has this happened?"
many people will celebrate you today because they think you are crazy and we'll, isn't crazy the new norm? But in my honest opinion, what you have done is killed your mother's son and offered her a devastatingly ridiculous looking daughter. If she forgives you for this, then of course I'll understand, for mothers are want to do such crazy things as forgiveness themselves.
Bruce Jenner, sorry Catilyn Jenner, you took your children's father away and gave them an extra mum, a not so much of a mom version anyway, I guess some of them will pretend not to mind since there so much money coming in from it. But really, who are we kidding? I know your friends might support you, but then you and I know that if something had gone wrong on the operating table, they would gossip about how ridiculous you look while laying wreaths on your casket.
My dear Bruce, sorry Catilyn, I'm sorry if I'm bursting your bubble but this was a very bad idea. Did you ever play a game of masquerades? Well, if you did, you would know that regardless of what the masquerade looks like, we would always know who is inside it and much later, we might even accuse our friends of misbehaving when in the masquerade. Unfortunately, this Masqurade of yours is not one you can drop. And even though I wish you the best of luck in it, I will always know the handsome man in the Masqurade. And so will many others... people who care about you, people you care about.
Dear Catilyn Jenner, this is just a distant person's opinion and should not hinder your new life, afterall, what do I know about you save for the fact that you were once a handsome middle aged man who sold his soul for publicity. Or in snoop Lion's words, a science project!

No comments: